I really liked playing with the layout on this one – the two “chunks” across the top and bottom instead of 3 were a lot of fun to fill. Hope everyone enjoys! Themeless next week!
- Can’t quite remember what struck me for the different pitch definitions. I’m not a huge fan of these types of themes, but I really liked getting the high/low pitches aspect worked in to add a little bit more.
- My brother helped out and wrote a few of the clues – “Skosh” for TAD and IOTA was all him.
- Spent the most time on the NW corner – not because it was very hard to fill but because there were so many options! Settled on the current one because of GILMORE (for the record, I’m on team anyone-but-Jess)
- SW was by far the hardest – finding something clean for 40D was tough. I spent a long time trying to get WIZARDRY to work in that slot, but couldn’t make it work without multiple crappy entries. As it is there’s just RET, which isn’t great, but not too bad on it’s own.
- There’s a Northern European party in the east, with ICELAND, OLAFI, and AVALON. Had some fun writing those clues.
- Finally, here’s some wonderful 24-Down!